Freelance Communications Specialists
FACTEUR PR is in search of freelance communications specialists!
Attention freelancers and side-hustlers! We are seeking communications professionals to assist our studio with internal and client-based projects as needed.
Cleveland, Ohio. While most projects will be able to be completed remotely, some will require to be at our Ohio City office and on-site at events.
Assignments may include:
- Media relations: research, press release writing, pitch writing, mailings, and special event staffing
- Social media: research, content creation, management, scheduling, engagement
- Content: blog post writing, copywriting, copyediting
- Minimum of two years of public relations, communications, or marketing experience
- Preferred college degree in journalism, communications, marketing, English or business
- Creative thinking and doing an absolute must
- Excellent writing and intrapersonal skills
- Self-starting and quick learning
- Interest in creative industries such as food/drink, lifestyle, health/wellness, arts/culture, design, fashion/retail
- A personal computer (Mac preferred), smart phone, and access to high speed internet at home
- A general understanding or willingness to gain experience using common marketing tools, such as Hootsuite, Google Analytics, MailChimp, Planoly, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Hourly and project-based.
- Freelance communications specialists are compensated as independent contractors, not as employees. Freelancers are solely responsible for all taxes, withholdings, insurance, and any other obligations that may apply to an independent contractor.
Application deadline: Rolling